Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Wow, it's been a while

Well, it's a good thing I don't get paid to keep this thing going, or else I would really be in the hole. I have a problem keeping a journal or something like that...and this is just one of those things. Anyway. I don't know if anybody actually reads this or not, but I think it's a good practice for me to keep a real journal. You know.

I got a job last week - FINALLY! I am now one of the Information Clerks in the College of Fine Arts and Communications Advisement Center at BYU. I'm glad to finally be working and making some money, even if it isn't that much. Now that I'm working and going to school I realize that I need a social life. Wow, I crave it now. It's kinda funny that now that I'm kinda busy, I see the need to fill my life with more. Hmmm...maybe with more of the things that matter?

Anyway, I'm at work right now, trying to fill up my time. My job consists of sitting at the desk at a computer, waiting for appointments to come in so I can mark them down and let the advisors know that they are there, or wait for the phone to ring so I can fight with my co-worker Danielle over who's going to answer it, or just surf the internet and do homework on my computer because it actually looks like I'm working to everybody else! But hey, at least I get paid. I actually am grateful for the job and the support that it gives me. I actually have spending money now!
Oh yeah, about the money thing: I have wound up with two half scholarships for next year, one academic scholarship and one vocal performance scholarship. Throw in the mix the native american scholarship that will be coming in as well, and I'll have tuition and a half paid for for the next year! Woo-hoo!! I'm way excited for that. It's always good to have more money. It's even better to be able to not be a burden on your parents who are paying for your schooling. At least now they certainly won't be paying for any of mine, because it's already covered! Man, that makes me happy. :-D

No comments: