Friday, July 28, 2006

I can't say no...

Right now I'm at work, it's 1:15, and I have to leave in less than 3 hours to head down to St. George, UT. St. George is 260 miles south of Provo for those non-Provonians out there. I'll be singing for a wedding reception down there, then turning around (at an ungodly hour I'm sure) and driving back before morning - just in time to start a hike up Mt. Timpanogos at 4 in the morning. Really, I don't know what I was thinking.

I think that I have a problem of being too gracious and charitable. In speaking with my co-worker Danielle about this I realized that I did not even ask if this gig was a paying one until after I had firmly committed. Is it a paying gig, you might wonder? No, actually, it isn't. I'm doing this out of the charity of my heart.

Not that I'm bitter. I actually do find joy in helping people out, and these guys that I'm singing with tonight are extremely grateful and pleased that I can help them out. They had two members of their group drop out at the last moment, and they were floundering until I told them yes. Unfortunately for me, however, now I'm off on a 3.5 hour drive one way down there to perform for less than an hour, then back up again. Oh yeah, on my own as well. I hope that I can stay awake on the drive back.

This is where I pay my road-trip homage to the greatness and wonder that is the Amp energy drink. ;-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry, it at all does not approach me.

Anonymous said...

I can consult you on this question. Together we can come to a right answer.