Friday, August 08, 2008

Whew!

Hello world!

It's been a while since I last updated my blog (yeah, 'a while' meaning just over 2 months), so I figured I'd go ahead and throw something on here. I also got a comment by my friend Becca on the last blog post "Death of a Computer," letting me know that my computer has been dead for a while now as well.

Ahem.

Thankfully, my computer has been up and running for about a month and a half now. Once I got back to Provo - and my external hard drive - I was able to clean the bugger out and replace all the info on the hard drive anew. My computer, however, has been one of the lower concerns of my life since I left Tallahassee.

Just a really quick bit about my travels along the east coast afterward: I left for DC on June 26, then the next day hopped on to a scary Chinatown bus to meet Becca and Tyler Johnson in Philadelphia! I stayed with them during the weekend and went to ther very interesting ward on Sunday. Monday came and I Greyhounded my way up to New York City!! That was the coolest thing ever, to go to such a city with nothing to do but be a tourist. :-)

I visited/saw/did the following things (I made a list on my phone so I wouldn't forget):
Museum of Modern Art
Central Park
Times Square
The GAP (for a cloth belt - you try finding one in Manhattan)
Banana Republic (...just because)
Manhattan Temple
Lincoln Center/Met Opera House
Julliard
A really cool cathedral
Time Warner Center
Serendipity3
Empire State Building
Max Brenner's (there are no words)
A HUGE Post Office (sent a postcard)
Ground Zero
Battery Park
Staten Island Ferry
Got my umbrella stolen
Walked like a nomad on crack
Conquered the Subway!

After two wonderful days in New York, and staying with Joseph Olson's family, I hightailed my way up to Boston to visit Harvard University and see Boston. And wouldn't you know? The one day that I was up there - it rained. A LOT (see above about my umbrella). And then, after Boston and delicious clam chowder, I turned around and went all the way back to DC to start the Crittenden Opera Program.

By the way, my bus up to Boston and back down to DC was BoltBus, an incredibly effective bus...as long as you aren't trying to string two bus rides together. But it's the cleanest bus company, and they have free WiFi in the bus during the trip! Of course, I didn't have my computer with me, so that point was moot.

And I'm afraid that the rest of my Crittenden experience is going to have to wait until next time. As will the pictures of Philly, NY, and Boston. Sorry! I'll have to wait until I'm back at my own computer.

Until next time!! :-D

4 comments:

Kristi said...

Hey! You're still alive! I'm so glad. :)

Jordanlz said...

did you get to say hi to Uncle Jack while in DC? I'm sure he'd have loved to take you out to a nice dinner. PS. I LOVE chinatown busses. I always feel like I'm going to die. what a rush. Also, why would anyone just steal an umbrella? wallets not "in" right now?

Jess said...

So, uh, Ben. Time for a new post, don't ya think? ;)

Ashley Bybee Stepp said...

I'm agreeing with Jess. I think averaging one post in two months is a bit too slow in this technology/blog centered world. :) How are you by the way? I think I still owe you $10...