Sunday, April 20, 2008

Book tag and movie quote exhibition!

Following my sister's example, I have decided to relax a little in my postings and "reply" to a game that she tagged me with. Here's the deal: you have to grab the book nearest to you, open up to page 123, find and post the 5th sentence, then tag 5 people. I can tell you right now that I don't know enough bloggers to tag 5 people without exhausting my blogging contacts. So I'll skimp on that one. And then you put down a movie quote and see if anyone can pin it down. It might seem a little dumb, but it's pretty fun!

Here's my book tag. Alas, it's pretty lame:
Toward the end of the sixteenth century, the diamond-shaped notes of Renaissance notation changed to the round note-heads we use now, and ligatures fell out of use.
-Burkholder, A History of Western Music

And my movie quote!
He was always a rather stupidly optimistic man. I'm afraid it came as a great shock to him when he died.
-?????

Guess it right and win a prize!! ...Not really. But the imagination is always better than reality, right?

Okeedokee, I tag Alex, Becca, and Amy. Let's see if they do it. Good luck!

And by the way, here's an exceptionally good comic Dani showed me today. Enjoy!

7 comments:

Hugh said...

So, I was really close on this movie guess, but I was wrong. I just watched this movie last week.

courtney said...

I know it! Should I say it? By the way.. me adding on the movie quote part was just for fun. it wasn't really part of the book tag part - but it is funner this way. haha :-D

Joseph said...

This is a fun idea.

Becca said...

uhm, I'm going to guess Two Weeks Notice, simply because you're obsessed with it and it sounds like something Hugh Grant would say :)

my quote is (surprisingly!!) While You Were Sleeping :) And yes, my book is pedantic. I mean, heLLO, it's a music book written by Aaron Copland! haha...

courtney said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
courtney said...

Mrs. White, talking about her dead husband, who just lies around on his back all day.

Love, Nate

Anonymous said...

You write very well.