Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving was awesome this year! I know I haven't posted in a while, but I'm not going to apologize and try to recap. Instead, I'm going to post the things that I really feel grateful for. This is not an exhaustive list by any stretch of the imagination; I just feel the need to express my appreciation for the things in my life that really matter. :-)

  • A family that loves to be together
  • Numerous houses and homes where we can congregate (I mean, we live all over the place)
  • Family members that open up their homes to all of us
  • My grandma Loretta's yams (Oh. My. Gosh.)
  • Pets, that remind us to take care of something all the time
  • Asa, who reminds us of what's most important in life
  • Siblings who are not afraid to slap me when I say something remarkably stupid (or just stupid)
  • Three beautiful sisters
  • An extremely handsome identical twin brother (is that self-serving?? ;-) )
  • A father who's a doctor
  • All of us being in good health (these two don't really go together...)
  • Financial means to attend school
  • Understanding and approachable professors (SO important)
  • Tallahassee Singles' Ward and Institute
  • All of my friends in Tally (including a new best one)
  • The many talents I enjoy
  • The many NON talents that remind me what humility is
  • The love and support of friends far away
  • Contacts. Because I hate wearing glasses.
  • My trooper of a Civic, Cindy, who has put up with me from coast to coast and 12k feet to sea level
  • The situations I've been in that have required me/given me the chance to travel to so many different places
  • The many life experiences I've been blessed to have
  • Facebook. Just think about it.
  • The love my parents have for each other and their family
  • The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and the community it entails
  • The Book of Mormon - it is an anchor to my soul and the foundation of my testimony
  • The Gift of the Holy Ghost, which has saved me on numerous occasions and giving me so much direction in life
  • The love of God, without which I would not be here (not to be melodramatic...)
I had to stop a bit before I thought I would, because I could feel the beginnings of emotion coming on (you know, those emotions). I'm just so thankful for all the blessings that I have and have had - they've all led me to where I am today. :-)

Update: FSU beating UF soundly. Life is good.

No comments: