Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Death of a Camera

You probably noticed in my last post that I actually took the picture of my room (I know, that might be a little on the "Duh." side). Well, that picture you see of the bulb-less light was the last good picture my camera will ever take. *sniff* Yes, it is a very sad thing.

Apparently the inner workings of the camera have lost some of their connections. Immediately after I took the picture I noticed that neither the zoom nor the menu buttons did anything, anything at all. This poses some problems: I can't zoom, obviously; I cannot edit any of the settings of the camera; and, most importantly, I cannot delete any photos without putting the SD card into a computer and doing it manually. That means that the random photos I have saved onto my camera's internal memory are permanently saved there. And are irretrievable. So sad!

So this post is just going to be a trip down memory lane, so to speak, to revisit some of my camera's most wonderful achievements. Please ignore the atrocious arranging that Blogger insists on using for my pictures, but think instead on how each of these pictures was taken by my camera. Let us take a moment of silence as we remember with fondness how well my little camera fulfilled the measure of its creation.
























4 comments:

navajotwin said...

oh, so sad :( I remember your camera well, though I only had the privilege of taking a few pictures with it. Indeed it fulfilled the measure of its creation. :)

And you had to include that picture of Grandpa's wedding when I'm looking at another camera and am the only one looking that way. I look ridiculous... :(

Becca said...

HOLY MEMORY LANE. oh my gosh. I'm dying.

Noelle said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your camera...not a good way to start the summer. Hopefully you can get a replacement soon to document all your fun law school adventures. That Vegas trip with your grandparents wedding was lots of fun--as was Thanksgiving in Duck Creek. :)

Jess said...

Ben--where did you get to see Chihuly. I saw him in Atlanta and loved some of his work. Of course, some of it was so bad it inflicted physical pain... :)